Last Updated: January 25, 2019
1. Personal Data and Aggregate Information
“Personal Data” refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name, phone number, email, approximate geographic location of your computer or device, or postal address, and possibly information relating to certain support or customer service issues. While some experiences, such as visiting the Sites, will not prompt a collection of Personal Data, you generally need to provide us with Personal Data to use most of the features of the Sites and Services, including to allow us to provide you with certain personalized or enhanced Services. How we collect and store information depends on the activities in which you elect to participate and the Services provided.
From time to time, we may collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Sites or Services. This information represents a generic overview of our Users’ collective viewing habits and allows us and other third parties to modify information, promotions, offers, and/or discounts on Services based on User traffic and behavior. We collect this information using technologies such as “cookies”, which are discussed in greater detail below. We collect this information to determine, for example, which areas of the platform are most popular and to enhance the Sites. We may also group this information into aggregate data to describe the use of the Sites to our existing or potential business partners or other third parties, or in response to a government request. From time to time, we may use this information to optimize third-party offers of products and/or services. We also may share aggregated demographic and preference data to third parties to enable the provision of targeted information. However, please be assured that this aggregate data in no way will it personally identify you or any other Users.
2. Information Conscious Alliance May Collect From You
Conscious Alliance receives and stores any information you enter on our Sites or give to us in any other way. Types of information you may provide include:
• Contact Information. When you sign up for an account, you may be required to give us your name, email address, street address, billing address, and phone number, and additional information that enables you to sign up for and use Services.
• Payment Information. We may collect Personal Data such as your credit card number or expiration date when you sign up for a membership or Services.
• Information You Submit or Post. We may collect information you submit to us using our feedback tool or website questionnaires. For example, when you contact customer support, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
• Phone Information. If you use the Sites on your mobile device or tablet, it may require special permission such as access to the camera, microphone, pictures, read and write external storage, network access, etc., those permissions allow the Sites to work properly on your device.
• Survey Information. Conscious Alliance may also collect information and data provided by you from our responses to surveys that we might ask for research purposes to improve our Services. Conscious Alliance may post testimonials on our Sites with express consent of the individual or company who provided the information. We may also post or share news, events, results, accomplishments, marketing materials from individuals or companies to help promote their brand. Requests to remove posted materials should be submitted to email@example.com. Reasonable efforts will be made to remove posts upon receiving written notice.
3. Automatically Collected Information
Conscious Alliance may automatically collect certain information from you when you access the Sites, such as information provided by your website browser or mobile device, including but not limited to:
• Device Identifiable Information. We may collect information that is linked to your computer or device (“Device Identifiable Information”). This information may include your IP address, browser type and language, access times, pages visited, and operating system.
• Mobile Device Information. We may collect information from any mobile device you use to access our Sites and Services, including device type and model, network provider, and unique device identifier.
• Cookies and Similar Technologies. We may collect technologies such as “cookies,” “pixels,” and “widgets.”
- Pixels/Web Beacons (also known as Web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our Services for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Services, to monitor how many visitors view our Services, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the user’s hard drive, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an e-mail).
- Social Media Widgets such as a share button to Facebook or Twitter may be on our Sites. These features may collect your IP address and what page you are visiting on our Website.
• Google Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Data. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The Sites does not currently support Do Not Track, which is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your web page visits tracked and collected across websites.
4. How We Use Your Information
We use, store, and process information, including Personal Data about you, to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Sites and Services. This information is collected for the necessary purposes set out below:
• To carry out our Services, Service agreements and obligations from any contracts entered between you and Conscious Alliance, including billing and collections
• Notify you of Service and Membership expirations and renewals
• To provide customized, personalized content through our Sites and Services
• Notify you about changes to our Sites, Services or Policies
• To allow you to participate in new features and Services on our Sites
• To facilitate the delivery of content or advertisements that we feel may be relevant to you
• To communicate new or existing events or services
• For any other purpose with your consent
5. How We Share Information We Collect
Conscious Alliance customer information, user data, and Personal Data may be shared with certain third party companies for the purposes set forth below:
• Conscious Alliance may sometimes need to share your Personal Data, user date, or customer information to help facilitate technical and administrative aspects of Conscious Alliance’s Services (credit card processing, hosting, citation building & management). Conscious Alliance will take reasonable steps to ensure that these service providers are notified of their obligations to reasonably protect Personal Data on Conscious Alliance’s behalf. Notwithstanding the above, we cannot guarantee that such service providers will adhere to the contractual obligations or acceptable business practices.
• We may provide your anonymized and aggregated personally identifiable information to third parties for their marketing and/or advertising purposes.
• The Sites may allow you to connect with other websites, products, or services that we don’t have control over. If you use these services, we will provide the third party with information about you to allow them to provide the service to you. We can’t speak to the privacy practices of these third parties, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies before deciding whether to use their services.
• Conscious Alliance may release information when we believe it is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation under applicable law, or respond to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, a court order, or a subpoena. We will also share your Personal Data where we believe it is necessary for the purpose of our own, or a third party’s legitimate interest relating to national security, law enforcement, litigation, criminal investigation, or protecting the safety of any person, provided that such interest is not overridden by your interests or rights and freedoms requiring the protection of your Personal Data.
• We may disclose certain Personal Data while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets. We may sell information and Personal Data with any successor to all or part of our business.
• We may disclose Personal Data whenever you consent to the sharing.
6. Your Choices
You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails, but if you continue to use the Services, we may still send you transactional and relational emails about your use of the Services.
If you create an account to use the Sites and Services, you may be asked to choose a password for your account, in which case your account information shall be protected by your password. You should not disclose your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You can access and update information in your account profile at any time by logging into the account with your login name and password. Once you have logged in, you can update certain information such as your name, photo, email, password, billing information, and security preferences.
While you can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings, user location is important to your use of the Sites and Services and without it will affect your use of the Sites and Services.
The nature of our business means that the Personal Data collected through our Sites and Services will be transferred to the United States. Information we maintain is stored within the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. Our Sites are subject to U.S. laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country. Also, the Conscious Alliance personnel and the third-parties to whom we disclose Personal Data are located in the United States. We have not adopted policies that comply specifically with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We take reasonable precautions to protect the privacy, accuracy, and reliability of any information you provide and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Personal Data is stored within databases that are controlled by us or by our service providers. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards, such as firewalls and encryption technology, to protect your information. However, since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. As a result, you transmit any information to or from the Sites at your own risk.
We understand and share your concerns regarding your children’s access to Internet and the Internet’s access to your children. The Sites and Services are not directed to children. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we do not knowingly request or accept Personal Data submitted to the Sites by any visitor under 13 years of age. If we become aware that an individual under age 13 has provided information to Conscious Alliance through the Sites, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our databases.
If you live in California and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a list of the Personal Data we have shared with third parties and a list of the names of third party with whom we have shared your Personal Data. You may make such a request once per year. To make a request, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “California Shine the Light Inquiry.”
Attn: Privacy Concerns
Address: 2424 Arapahoe Ave, Ste. E4-182 | Boulder, CO 80302